We’re so excited for camp this year. Please read the Qualifications and Responsibilities and the Code of Conduct carefully, then submit your details in the application form at the bottom of this page.
All Applications are due March 1!
The camp counselor’s main responsibility is for the care and safety of their assigned campers. They will also be responsible for specific assignments from the Camp Director. Camp counselors report to the Camp Director.
- At least 18 years of age with at least one year of college, preferred.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience working with children in a recreational, day care or camp setting.
- Training or education in outdoor or camping industry preferred.
- Proven demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and implement program and events.
- Ability to deal effectively with youth members and their parents.
- Ability to provide supervision and guidance to children while accepting supervision and guidance from the camp Director.
- Requires excellent organizational skills as well as oral and written communication skills. Valid Driver’s License and current First Aid and CPR Certification required.
- Familiarity with the Danish language or culture, preferred.
- Prepare for and actively participate in staff training, and scheduled meetings.
- Supervise all aspects of the campers’ day including but not limited to morning wake-up, cabin clean-up, meal times, free time, evening activities, getting ready for bed and after-hour duty as assigned.
- Guide assigned group of campers and individual campers in participating successfully in all aspects of camp activities.
- Instruct campers in emergency procedures as instructed during staff training.
- Set a good example for campers and others including cleanliness, punctuality, sharing clean-up chores, sportsmanship and table manners.
- Follow camp rules, regulations, and policies, including, but not limited to our zero tolerance smoking, alcohol and drug policies.
- Display and encourage respect for personal property, camp equipment and facilities. Attend the pre camp planning meeting.
Work effectively with the Northwest Danish Foundation’s administrative team.
During the course of camp, I understand that my employment or voluntary services may be terminated immediately if I am found to be in violation of any of the following:
- Possession of narcotics, controlled substances, alcohol, tobacco, pornography and/or weapons while on the property of the Menucha facility.
- Under the influence of narcotics, controlled substances or alcohol while on the property of the Menucha facility.
- Participation in vandalism, sabotage, theft, arson, murder, and/or property damage during the course of camp.
- Use of inappropriate language or conversation including but not limited to sexual orientation, gender, religion, race or pornography while on the property of the Menucha facility.
- Harassment deemed inappropriate including but not limited to physical abuse, (sexual and/or aggressive) and/or verbal abuse (sexual and/or aggressive) while on the property of the Menucha facility. This includes behavior while alone and/or in the company of campers, staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Use of behavior deemed inappropriate including but not limited to physical abuse, (sexual and/or aggressive) and/or verbal abuse (sexual and/or aggressive) while on the property of the Menucha facility. This includes behavior while alone and/or in the company of campers, staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Leaving the Menucha facility with a camper, camp staff, volunteer or visitor without permission of the Camp Director, such permission must by documented or I will be considered in violation.
The Northwest Danish Foundation abides by a zero tolerance policy regarding the above.
I agree and attest that I will conduct myself appropriately during the course of camp. I understand that if I am found to be in violation of any of the above I will be immediately excused from the camp facility at my own expense. Further, I understand that I will forfeit any wages and be held financially responsible for the cost of my room and board for the entire duration of camp.